- The name of the program shall be Masters of Computer Application (M.C.A)
- The knowledge and skills required planning; designing to build Complex Application Software Systems. These are highly valued in all industry sectors including business, health, education and the arts. The basic objective of the education of the Masters program in Computer Application (M.C.A) is to provide to the country a steady stream of the necessary knowledge, skills and foundation for acquiring a wide range of rewarding careers into the rapidly expanding world of the Information Technology.
The new Curricula would focus on learning aspect from four dimensions viz. Conceptual Learning, Skills Learning and Practical / Hands on with respect to four specialized tracks viz.
- Software and Application Development
- Infrastructure and Security Management
- Information Management & Quality Control
- The M.C.A. Program will be a full-time three years Master's Degree Course of Computer Applications. In Second year the students will have to choose one of the four specialized tracks. The Institute should conduct sessions for the students to make them aware about the subjects, career prospects in the tracks. Making it easier for them to select one. Once a student selects a TRACK he/she is not allowed to change the track. Thus it is important for the Institute to guide the students for selecting the track.
The need for Specialization / Specialized tracks
- The curriculum is designed to cater to the challenging opportunities being faced in Information Technology.
- The specialization approach would help students to develop basic and advanced skills in areas of their interest thereby increasing their level of expertise. This would further promote the Masters program in focused areas and result in development of expert skills as per the demands of career opportunities.
- The specialization approach may in future be open to more areas of specialization and hence make this program successful in academia as well as in Industry.
- The first year of the specialized course has taken into consideration all fundamental areas and aspects of technical and management training required for this program. A good mix of computer related courses use microcomputers to introduce standard techniques of programming; the use of software packages such as databases and programming languages for developing applications; system analysis and design tools. The general 3 business courses include the functional areas of management like information systems and decision support systems and engineering aspects of software development.
The Job Opportunities are
- Many graduates begin their career at a junior level but are not in a position to map their job with expert technical skills obtained from a usual programme. The specialized program would enhance their exposure to variety of roles and responsibilities they can take up in any areas of expertise. For e.g.: In the area of software development they could take up responsibilities in areas of database, product development, product maintenance and support in addition to management activities.
- Focused grooming would also make it easier for the IT industry to decide which graduate could be mapped to the right domain.
- Enabling entrepreneurship is also the need of the hour and students interested to be on their own could leverage from the newly designed focused programme for entrepreneurs. It will build right platform for students to become successful Software professional. This would emphasize on domain knowledge of various areas