Ragging in any form is strictly banned and is a cognizable offence as per the directions of Hon’ble Supreme Court. If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, the
authority would take stern action including expulsion from the Institution as per Academic Regulations. At the time of admission, every student and his/ her parents shall be
required to sign a declaration in the format that on admission he/she submits himself/herself to the several authorities of the University who may be vested with the powers to
exercise discipline under the Act, the Statutes and the Academic Regulations that have been framed there-under by the University.
Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or
indulging in rowdy or in-discipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear of apprehension thereof in
any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or
torment to embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or
superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, in the University. Therefore, to provide conducive and healthy environment for proper physical and psychological development
of all students, the Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry in accordance with the UGC guidelines and the Himachal Pradesh Educational Institutions
(Prohibition of Ragging) Act, 2009, brings forth the Regulations to curb the menace of ragging.
RAGGING INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING ACTS:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any
fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or in-disciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise
fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense
of shame or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it; sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm
or any other danger to health of a person
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, e-mails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or
passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off
power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING:
The Institute shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed hereinunder:
The Anti-ragging Committee of the Institute shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature
and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-ragging Squad. The Anti-ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt
established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments:
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending the classes
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the Institute in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the Institute for period ranging from one to four semesters
- Expulsion from the Institute and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution/ university for a specified period.
- Fine of Rs.25,000/-
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the Institute shall resort to collective punishment as a
deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.